I just love candles. I think the reason I love them is because the scent they bring sets the mood for your space. When I would come home from work or on the weekend I would light up a candle or melt some tart wax right away when I got home to start relaxing and enjoy my home.
As I got older I started identifying scents with memories. Especially if there was a certain candle scent I burned at a certain time in my life I would light it and it would take me back to those memories.
Back around 2002, my Mother had given me a soy candle as a gift. I instantly fell in love with this new all natural wax. It burned up to twice as long as my other candles, did not release soot into the air or other harmful chemicals. The scent was also even and did not have a chemical after scent.
I started purchasing the candles every year around October as I had to have specific scents to start my holidays in South Dakota. About 8 years down the road the candle maker I purchased from thought she wouldn’t be able to make a batch that year…WHAT???? And so of course like any normal person who was told that their product was going to be discontinued I started making them myself. And so Dakota Light was born.
We at Dakota Light, Sioux Falls, SD are committed to making quality soy candles and wax melts so that you can relax and create a personal ambiance in your space. Dakota Light carries non-traditional candle scents that are spectacular, unique, and sure to help you make pleasant memories that you can re-light again and again.
Our soy candles are made with 100% all natural soy wax. They com in a 20 oz tin and have a wood wick barrel with a cotton center. We also have our very popular soy wax melts that can be used in any wax warmer.
Don’t see your favorite scent on our website? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what scents you would like to see on our site. One our favorite things about this business is trying new scents and getting our customers feedback!
Thank you for your business and thank you for choosing Dakota Light!